School: USC Marshall School of Business
E-mail: Click here!
Reason for blogging: I'm incredibly self-absorbed.
|I'm listening to...
::"Stay Beautiful," The Last Goodnight
::"Spaceman," The Killers
::"Green Light," John Legend
::"Superstar," Lupe Fiasco
::Taiwan, A Political History, by Denny Roy
::The Devil and Miss Prym, by Paulo Coehlo
I've just seen...
::I Love You, Man
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do There are many ways to break up with someone, some of which are better than others. I know, better is a subjective thing. But if you have gotten anything out of this blog, you know that it's all about me, if I think something is better, then, by golly, it is!
So what makes one break up method better than another? Well, here are some characteristics that make me look more favorably upon one method over another:
Now, there are a lot more factors, but you can tell from this short list that the medium through which the news is delivered makes a huge difference. For example, if you tell someone in person, you've hit two of the factors I mentioned already! Not bad, heartbreaker! Via phone, not so much. Via e-mail, even less. Via text message, weak sauce. Now you want to know what's a REALLY CRUEL way to break up with someone (and was a real event that inspired this entry)? Dedicating a song on the radio -- namely, "Unfaithful" by Rihanna -- to the dumpee and telling him/her to "listen to the words real carefully." How mean is that? That is wrong on so many levels. Let's examine some of those levels, shall we?
- Fairness (the dumpee is given a chance to immediately respond to dumper)
- Not cowardly (the dumper doesn't run from the potential anger or hysterics or attempted physical assault that might ensue upon delivery of the bad news)
- Location (you don't deliver the news in a public place where the person will be humiliated)
- Sincerity (duh!)
- Kindness (break it to 'em gently, ya know?)
Some people are just heartless.
- Bad Venue. You are dumping someone in a public forum where public humiliation is possible.
- You are not even telling them in your own words. You're making someone else do the talking for you. Cowardly.
- If the song is true, you were a two-timing bastard/bee-yotch, which actually doesn't have any bearing on this breakup method but is more a reflection of your cheating heart.
- It's "really carefully," not "real carefully." There's no need to abuse the English language while you're at it.
- You are making them listen to "Unfaithful" by Rihanna, which is perhaps the cruelest thing of all. For the love of all fried foods, have some compassion!
Baby, I'm Hot Just Like An Oven It's called summer in LA plus global warming. Speaking of the power outages here...here's a question. Why is it always like 68 degrees inside office buildings? It's always so cold in office buildings. You'd think they could save some energy by turning up the thermostat a notch so I don't have to put a sweater INSIDE and then take it off when I go OUTSIDE and so I don't get sick from the huge temperature swings as I walk in and out. Whoever pays the utilities could then save some money, and hopefully the decrease in power consumption would in turn decrease the probability of power outages. Maybe there is a good reason, I don't know. This is just one uninformed person's opinion. I just feel weird needing to drink hot tea to keep warm when I know it's 100 degrees outside.
I Love YouTube. Mad Cowakami suggested this video. Some people have a lot of time on their hands, is all I'm saying.
Mentos and Diet Coke
World Cup Fever! Just finished watching the Germany v. Portugal game. Since coming back to the States, I have been watching quite studiously--I've watched most of every game since the quarterfinals--and have simultaneously researched the AV setups at the various eateries in my area (I don't have ESPN). So far, the big winner in terms of screen size is Claim Jumper. See? I am always good for random nuggets of information.
Overfed. I was in Taiwan for a while. It was good. I ate a lot. I haven't had much appetite since I got back. Which I guess is good, cuz then I might shrink a little around the waist.
| Get your own blog!
Stay updated. Subscribe.
Stay updated. Add this feed to My Yahoo!
|When I learn a new word, I'll put it here so you can learn too!
Abbreviation for "Earnings Before Income Tax, Amortization, and SGARA." Next week, find out what SGARA is.
Click here for previous "new words."